SHERYL MANNING, CPA
Sheryl is a Certified Public Accountant, with more than 20 years of experience in former Big 8 public accounting firms and private practice, and she has served on a number of corporate, non-profit, community and governmental boards. She currently serves on the governing board of Legacy Health, a six hospital system headquartered in Portland, Oregon, and on the boards of several other charitable organizations. Sheryl earned her Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration at the University of Montana.
▪ Governance Fellow, National Association of Corporate Directors
▪ Board of Trustees, World Affairs Council of Oregon
▪ Board Member and Governance Committee Chair, New Avenues for
▪ Advisory Board Member, Girls Inc. of the Pacific Northwest
▪ Emeritus Board, Classic Wines Auction Inc.
Terry serves as Senior Counsel at Stoel Rives LLP, Oregon’s largest law firm. He practices in the areas of estate planning, tax-exempt organizations, trusts, and family and closely-held businesses. The clients with whom he works include high net worth individuals and families, grant-making foundations, colleges and other operating charities, trustees of trusts, and various business entities. He is listed in Oregon Super Lawyers and Best Lawyers in America, and was selected by Best Lawyers as the Portland Non-Profit/Charities Law Lawyer of the Year for 2015. Terry earned his Bachelor of Laws cum laude from Harvard Law School and his Bachelor of Arts summa cum laude from Whitman College.
▪ Fellow, American College of Trust and Estate Counsel
▪ Member, Estate Planning Council of Portland
▪ Member of planned giving advisory council at Whitman College
▪ Trustee, Rose E. Tucker Charitable Trust
▪ Board of Trustees, The Herbert A. Templeton Foundation
▪ Past board member and chair, Oregon Symphony Association
▪ Past vestry member, Trinity Episcopal Cathedral
▪ Past board member and president, "I Have A Dream" Foundation –
▪ Past board member and chair, Planned Parenthood of the Columbia-
▪ Past board member and chair, Riverdale School District
Kerry is the Executive Director of the Oregon Historical Society and a fifth-generation Oregonian. Prior to assuming the helm at OHS, he earned a reputation as one of Oregon's most respected public servants. Kerry’s career included service as a Marion County Deputy District Attorney, Legal Counsel to U.S. Congressman Denny Smith, Director of Speechwriting to U.S. Secretary of Labor Elizabeth Dole, Director of Speechwriting and Legal Counsel to U.S. Senator Bob Dole, and Oregon Chief of Staff to U.S. Senator Gordon Smith. He earned both his Bachelor of Arts degree in History and his Juris Doctor at Willamette University.
▪ Member, Willamette University Board of Trustees
▪ Chairman of the Board, Special Olympics Oregon
Vern worked for 46 years in the investment industry, retiring in 2005. He started in 1959 at Merrill Lynch and concluded his career as Vice President & Senior Portfolio Manager of the U.S. Bank Trust Department. There he determined asset allocation for trusts and made investment decisions on fixed income, equity, and mutual fund securities. Vern supervised the Bank’s investment employees in Portland, Eugene, and Vancouver.
▪ Arbitrator, National Association of Securities Dealers
▪ Past President, Portland Bond Club
▪ Board Member, Goodwill Industries
▪ Chairman of Trustees, Christ the King School Endowment Board
▪ Member, Family Foundation
▪ Member Capital Campaign, De LaSalle North Catholic High School
▪ Past Board Member, La Salle High School of Milwaukie and its
▪ Past Board Member, Volunteers of America.
A Tulane University graduate, Sarah’s principal responsibility is the care of the Allen clan. She and Stuart have three children. Sarah is a major shareholder at Allen Trust Company.
▪ Board Member and Program Committee Chair, Project Lemonade
▪ Board Chair, Camp to Belong Oregon
▪ Volunteer, Portland Public School
▪ Committee, CASA auction
President and founder of Allen Trust Company and Allen Capital Management, Stuart is a Certified Trust and Financial Advisor (CTFA) and an attorney with more than a decade of experience in trust services and investment management. Prior to founding Allen Trust Company and Allen Capital Management, Stuart served in two of the largest national bank trust departments in Oregon. Stuart earned a Bachelor of Science in Finance & Political Science from the University of Oregon before earning his Juris Doctor at Texas Wesleyan University. Stuart guides the overall direction of the firm, is active in trust administration, and helps shape the investment policy for the company.
▪ Past Chair, Trust Committee, Oregon Bankers Association
▪ Board Member, Oregon Bankers Association Education Foundation
▪ Secretary-Treasurer, Oregon Bankers Association Education Foundation
▪ Board Member, Association of Trust Organizations
▪ Member, Oregon State Bar (Estate Planning, Tax and Elder Law
▪ Member, Oregon State Bar, Estate Planning Section Executive Committee
▪ President, Oregon Forum
▪ Board Member, Lincoln High School Foundation